Greenbrier is thrilled to have been featured in Southern Living's Blog, Throw a Gallery-Worthy Gathering.
Our farm had the opportunity to collaborate with an amazing group of talented creatives at a secret pop up dinner in June held at a local art studio - Vino & Van Gogh. This "Creative Supper" was a collaboration of local artisans and the outcome was a thoughtful and delicious dinner party filled with unique accents and details. The farm was asked to provide several courses for the dinner including house made charcuterie boards and the Summer Solstice Salad w/Pesto Farm Egg Garnish described below.
For full details and the story posted on Southern Living's Blog - click here.
The Talented Team
Greenbrier Farms' Summer Solstice Salad with Pesto Farm Egg Garnish Recipe
· 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
· 2 lemons juice and zested
· ¼ cup red wine vinegar
· 4 cloves garlic minced
· 1 Tbsp. onion powder
· 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
· ½ Tbsp. dried basil
· Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
· 2 medium zucchinis, trimmed
· 2 medium squash, trimmed
· 3 carrots, peeled
· 1 cucumber
· 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
· ½ cup feta cheese
· 1/3 cup fresh basil, cut into thin ribbons for garnish
· Pesto Deviled Eggs for garnish
· Whisk first nine ingredients together in a mason jar until fully combined, set aside.
· Using a vegetable peeler or V-slicer and working from top to bottom of each zucchini squash, carrot and cucumber, slice vegetables into ribbons (about 1/16 inch thick).
· Place ribbons in large bowl. Add basil, feta and tomatoes. Add ¼ cup dressing and gently toss to coat. If you need more dressing, add a little at a time not to overdress.
· Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with pesto deviled eggs and a bit more fresh basil.
Pesto Deviled Eggs
· 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
· ¼ cup mayonnaise
· 2 Tbsp. basil pesto
· 1 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
· Cut eggs lengthwise in half. Slip out yolks into bowl and mash with fork.
· Stir mayonnaise and pesto into yolks until smooth and creamy. Fill whites with egg yolk mixture Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
· Just before serving, garnish with basil leaves.